Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Birth of an Addict.

I don't claim to be an expert on many things, but there's one thing I know a lot about. That one thing is film and tv. I watch entirely too much of all of it. I can't get enough.

I guess I could blame it on my mother's sister who, when I was a small child, took me to her set location where she was filming a short for her high school film class. Or I could blame it on my maternal side of the family loving to tell stories. Doesn't help that my mother is an artist.

Shit. Mother. It's totally your fault!

Growing up I was inundated with stories and art. Every time a family member would come over, it would be hours and hours of stories, laughter, and not a little bit of rum.
When I was a small child my mother would always be sitting in front of some sort canvas with a paint brush in her hand. She'd create something out of nothing. A still picture that told a story. Not to mention the museums we visited. Talk about visual overload on a developing brain.

How does one escape that fate? Hell, you don't. You find a way to keep up.
My way ended up being the art of motion pictures.  I couldn't be an engineer, a lawyer,  or computer programmer. Nope. I had to have the passion to make movies.

I took me about 37 years but I finally got into filmmaking, a newb screenwriter to be exact. During all of that time I kept up with film and tv. You name it and I knew something about it. I can't even begin to tell you the plot lines I've got stored in my temporal lobe. Decades of stories, colors, emotions are all encoded in my DNA.

That being said I've decided to gather what I've learned and stored and create an outlet for it.
This blog is for my rants, my love, and my knowledge of where to find more tv and movies.

As you can tell, film and movies are more than a passion. It's just...me.



1 comment: