Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Netflix's Sense8: An overload of the senses.

Sensate: to feel or apprehend by means of the sense; to preceive. The Wachowskis' took a play on the word to create an overload of the senses and gave us Sense8. A smorgasbord of acting, directing, writing and editing can be found within this series. It really is a mind trip. I've already watched it twice and starting on my third go round.

Eight characters, all strangers to one another from all around the world, become linked; emotionally and mentally.  If any of you have ever tried to write, you know how hard it is to write for one character. Now imagine writing for eight characters, that take place in 9 locations around the world, sometimes all at the same time. Whaaat?! Yep. 9 locations. The continuity must have been a bitch. Props to the script supervisor, editors, costumers and prop master. Just thinking about gives me a panic attack. Anyway, I digress.

They, the Wachowski's, take a word (sensate) and create an entire world around it. One simple word becomes everything. The seris has such depth that I can't even begin to touch upon everything I noticed, in this post. I'll be making more posts as I watch it again, because I notice more and more every time I do.

If you have Netflix then give this series a go. No getting up to use the bathroom or listening from the other room while you are folding laundry. You have to sit and really watch it though. If you don't have Netflix then sign up for the 30 Day Trial and start watching. Yes, there are some goofy parts, but as a whole it's really worth watching. 



No comments:

Post a Comment